Yes, there are quite a lot of photos that depict the interiors of the Twin Towers on 9/11. For the sake of keeping my answer short, I will show some photos I found on the internet.
From Reddit user “u/Professional_Elk_893”:
I'm not entirely sure, but these pictures may have been captured between floors 40 and 50 in the South Tower.
The photo above shows the Austin J. Tobin plaza, which was unfortunately littered with the bodies of the victims who fell from the North Tower's western face. This was taken before the second plane hit the South Tower.
The picture above shows the western side of the North Tower.
I'm not sure if this photo is from the same photographer or not, but it appears to be from a similar vantage point as the pictures above. That is the western face of the North Tower and it gives a broader view of the gash left by Flight 11.
There are other intriguing photos, such as this one:
This shows the seemingly desolate lobby of the North Tower following the collapse of the South Tower.
The photo below is from one of the higher floors in the North Tower (WTC 1). According to one article, the photographer was at his office on the 74th floor at the time that the North Tower (their tower) was struck.
The above photograph was taken in the concourse - one of the many sublevels of the World Trade Center complex, featuring a shopping mall and parking garages.
I'm not sure which tower Mr. Silva was evacuating from when he took that photograph.
That photo was taken of the southern horizon from the 74th floor of One World Trade Center. It was taken just moments after the building was hit.
This frame is from a 9/11 documentary called “Inside the Twin Towers”, I think. Although this photo is obviously not real, it still shows the terror of the situation Mr. Praimnath was in the throes of. His story of survival is a popular one, and the documentary is available to watch on YouTube.
Credit goes to http://Sourceable.com for this one. It depicts the evacuation efforts that took place on that day.
This photograph is from Pinterest.
Everytime I look at photos like those, I get a sense of dread. These are among the many photos that genuinely depress me. Who knows if this brave soul even made it out…
Another photograph from Pinterest:
Credit goes to National Geographic for that one.
From Reddit:
According to Redditor u/911CTV, this was taken from the southern side of the North Tower, and the red box indicated shows an area of water leakage.
This is firefighter Mike Kehoe. Fortunately, he made it out of the North Tower before it collapsed.
This one is from SlideShare.
Incredibly sad.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment