The photo shows the execution of SS doctor Eduard Krebsbach, who executed prisoners by injecting them with gasoline,
The photo shows the execution of SS doctor Eduard Krebsbach, who executed prisoners by injecting them with gasoline, and a rare excerpt from his trial (cited in Hans Maršálek, "Die Geschichte des Konzentrationslagerslagers Mauthausen", p. 174).
"Krebsbach: When I started working, I was ordered by the head of Office III to kill all those who couldn't work and the terminally ill."
Prosecutor: And how did you fulfill this request?
Krebsbach: Incurably ill prisoners who were completely incapable of working were generally gassed. Some were also killed by gasoline injection.
Prosecutor: To your knowledge, how many people have been killed in this manner in your presence?
Krebsbach: (no response)
Prosecutor: Were you sentenced to kill those unfit to live?
Krebsbach: Yes. I was sentenced to kill those people if I considered them a burden to the state.
Prosecutor: Did you never stop to think that these were human beings, people who had the misfortune of being imprisoned or who had been neglected?
Krebsbach: No. People are like animals. Animals that are born deformed or unable to live are killed quickly. This should be done for humanitarian reasons with people as well. This would prevent a lot of misery and unhappiness.
Prosecutor: That's your opinion. The world doesn't agree with you. Have you never stopped to think that killing a human being is a terrible crime?
Krebsbach: No. All states have the right to protect themselves against social persons, including people incapable of living.
Prosecutor: In other words, it never occurred to you that what you were doing was a crime?
Krebsbach: No. I performed my work to the best of my knowledge and conviction.
Krebsbach was sentenced to death during the Dachau trials conducted by the US military on May 13, 1946, and executed by hanging on May 28, 1947, at Landsberg Prison in Lech.
Comments
Post a Comment